WLHS SNOWBOARD TEAM CLUB
For more information email WLHSsnowboard@gmail.com
Watch the “ROAR” for date/time/place of Information and Registration meeting
The WLHS Snowboard team is A LOT of fun. You meet great people, receive great coaching, learn new skills and experience competitive opportunities.
· OISA (Oregon Interscholastic Snowboard Association) over sees the leagues and competitions and manages the State Competition. Website: http://www.oisa.org/
- WLHS is part of the TRL (Three Rivers League). Schools included usually are: Lake Oswego, Canby, Lakeridge, West Linn, Oregon City, & Wilsonville High Schools
- All abilities are welcome
- There are typically 10 practices and 6 league competitions.
- Held at Mt Hood Meadows
- Practice dates are determined by club and bus transportation is provided.
- League competition dates are determined by the TRL board and will be on the weekends. No bus transportation.
- State competition is usually the 2nd week of March Tuesday – Saturday. You qualify for state based on league competitions.
- The per student fee is still being determined. Last year it was $450 for the season. Includes:
- OISA League Fees, including state competition fees for qualifying riders
- TRL League Fees
- Coaching lessons (at the 10 practices)
- Coaching at competitions
- Transportation for practices
- Team sweatshirt
- Typical things the fee does not include: Mt. Hood Meadows lift pass, gear / equipment, transportation for competitions. Riders must buy an All Access pass for MHM.
- Riders do not pay the high school athletic fee.
- The per student fee does NOT cover the entire cost and fundraising is required of each rider.
- Coaching: We are fortunate to have top notch coaches who rode for WLHS and post high school. They are invested in the success of each rider to help them develop new skills and build on their love of snowboarding!